200mm f/2 VRI, am I crazy?

Started Jul 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Van Griff Senior Member • Posts: 1,256
Have You Considered . . .

. . . either of the DC lenses???

The 105 DC or 135 DC . . . both f/2 . . . and both provide exquisite bokeh!

If you have $4K to spend on the exotic 200 f/2 and are happy with that . . . then by all means go for it . . . but . . . if you would like to get a much more manageable lens . . . ie a lot lighter . . . for a quarter of the price . . . the 105 is prob around $800 used and the 135 around $1000 - 1100 used . . . that would leave you a lot of cash over to either upgrade your body or add additional lenses to your repertoire . . . and the DC lenses both provide exquisite photographs with creamy bokeh . . . you get the same aperture at f/2 with either of the DC lenses in a much lighter package . . . you have the 200mm length covered with your 70-200 . . . albeit at f/2.8 . . . for a hi end or pro user then the 200 is a very viable lens . . . but for an amateur and/or somewhat casual user I would be very inclined to go the DC route . . . check them out . . . they are stellar lenses! . . . I have the 105 DC . . . it is my fav lens . . . and hope to add a 135 DC at some point in time as well!

Most DC owners . . . love their lens!

Good luck with your decision!

Best,

V G

Van Griff's gear list:Van Griff's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +30 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
(unknown member)
xtm
xtm
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
xtm
xtm
(unknown member)
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow