200mm f/2 VRI, am I crazy?

Started Jul 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Rexgig0
Rexgig0 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,276
Re: 200mm f/2

I appreciate this discussion, and have enjoyed seeing the images posted. I would never carry such a lens to work with me, at my present job, but may well someday acquire such a thing of beauty, in order to use during my personal time, as an antidote to the negativity of the Job. (I do not claim to be a professional photographer, but shoot evidentiary/forensic images as part of my police patrol job, mostly with a 100mm macro, and an ultra-wide zoom.)

It would have been wonderful to possess a 200/2 when my son was a child! (That would have been in the time of the AI-S version, I reckon.) Alas, I used very cheap cameras then.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and make evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, and PJ. I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +49 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
(unknown member)
xtm
xtm
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
xtm
xtm
(unknown member)
xtm
xtm
xtm
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow