Milwaukee Art Museum - CC Please

Started Jul 18, 2014 | Photos thread
Bob Tullis
Bob Tullis Forum Pro • Posts: 35,706
Re: Milwaukee Art Museum - Edits to sixth one

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Bob Tullis wrote:

Yes, that would be the next move with the cars out of the way (below)! Again, lovely light as a bonus on a very appealing perspective. The triangle of the walkway where it meets the bottom frame is a graphic shape that I feel needs a little breathing room, Id' have tried to show some space between where they come to a point and the bottom of the frame. Makes the shape complete, untruncated - and also if you were to matte/frame this, each edge of the frame might lose 1/8" or more. Maybe it's me, but I think that would be a shame to have the bottom cropped off more than it is. The line leads the eye down, then back up the other leg of the triangle - truncated the eye movement isn't as fluid. I focus on that because otherwise it's a treat to regard - and think it could be even better, in a very subtle way, with that nuance. Not so much that this photo NEEDS critique or reconsideration, but more as something to weigh with your own sensibilities in regard to compositions in general.

That's the perfect world observation, like stuff I wished I'd also considered in every 9 out of 10 shots I make, but I have to say you are much more thoughtful in what you're doing with the WA, or so it would appear, and your determination is paying off handsomely.

Cool stuff overall, Florida.

Well, the recrop required quite a bit more trash collection and landscaping but thanks to Yaelle I'm getting better at that. Thanks again for all of your help!

Is this enough room?

Yes, if this is for me. I don't say these things to have you please me, so again would ask how you feel about it  You're the composer, but I'm just pointing out things I hear in the rehearsal that I'm not sure you hear.  If it were mine I'd also consider a different crop being put to it (but didn't want to muddy yesterdays waters with that additional thought).

The if-it-were-mine crop

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow