A digital printer's "Bible"

Started Jul 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP gregbartgis Regular Member • Posts: 262
Re: A digital printer's "Bible"

With DAM I'm looking for insight into cataloguing and storage, mainly. I already have LR5 and Aperture. It seems Aperture is being discontinued and I'm wondering now  if I should even attempt to use it. I bought it in March this year. I've called Apple to request a refund, but - TOUGH!!!!!!! I can't wait to join THAT lawsuit!

At any rate, my needs for an editor seem to be in line with what LR offers. That's what I need to learn. A friend has offered a copy of PS3 which has enough tools and functionality to do most of what I might need. My focus is on my best images which I would like to show. I want to get more paid work, as well, so need the ability to edit and print to very high standards. I also wish to preserve my best indefinitely and printing seems to be the best way. As an old school film photographer I've always done everything myself. I'm in the midst of taking a great leap in technology and in my own understanding and am gathering all the tools I can to pave my way. Thanks for your input.

-- hide signature --

Olympus is king where Inkon and Canon dropped the ball........

gregbartgis's gear list:gregbartgis's gear list
Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +44 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow