K50 with both kit lenses

Started Jul 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
JNR
JNR Veteran Member • Posts: 3,065
Re: K50 with both kit lenses

Tablo wrote:

Hmm it does seem they are rather similar, but the K50 has a newer processor (Prime M) so the small premium seems to be worth it. My friend's budget just got bumped up a bit actually, so he may have more flexibility with lenses.

Now I just need to figure out what two lenses will fit within a 1000$~ budget with the K50...

Absolutely, go with the latest. At one time, the difference in pricing was well more than $100, but now they are very close.

However, just to set the record straight - both bodies share the Prime M processor (along with the K-01 which originally got the upgrade). The K-50 does has dedicated support for eye-fi wireless SD cards, and I'm not aware that upgrade was ever added in the K-30 firmware updates.

The other thing about the K-50 is that all the kits put together by Pentax include the newer lenses with WR rating - but not sure that there is any way to get the K-50 coupled with the 55-300 in a standard kit. You are best off going with the 55-300 HD as that's the only WR version - and you're getting a good lens in a brand new version at a good price (just not in kit, per se).

-- hide signature --

JNR
www.jamesrobins.com

JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-T20 Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 XS Lens Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow