Sekonic L-478DR and Nikon CLS

Started Jul 19, 2014 | Questions thread
OP Camille New Member • Posts: 17
Re: Sekonic L-478DR and Nikon CLS

Thank you Antares for your reply. I was trying to use the remote speedlights in manual mode, not in TTL, but was trying to control their power from the Camera menu... i.e. Master/built-in flash in commander/-- mode, while Group A and Group B in "M" manual mode... would that work?

Now if I use RF triggers (basic not TTL) with Sekonic light meter:

1. The challenge here is how to trigger the remote speedlights while reading with the flash meter by the subject. I don't want to spend fortune on Pocketwizards, so I may go to Phottix Strato II or Yongnuo basic models, but again the sekonic does not trigger those transceivers. Of course I can use the camera remote control to trigger the shutter while sekonic is waiting for the flash light... but is there any other way rather than having remote control in one hand and light meter in the second?

2. Which RF triggers do you recommend.... is there any whereby you can also control the power of the remote speedlights remotely (other than the PW ControlTL, AC3, or the Oden TTL types)?

Thanks again for your advice.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow