Image quality from Canon G1X MkII

Started Jul 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
Ranlee Senior Member • Posts: 1,460
Re: Image quality from Canon G1X MkII

crashpc wrote:

Yes, here I do agree. But I noted this already and didn't see any better results yet.

-- hide signature --

Why does he do it?

I need to amend my original statement.  Sometimes I get wound up in all the differences and lose track.  After further review I do not think OOC default jpg's are over sharpened, but I do think the quality of that sharpening can and is improved by, for example LR.  I believe part of this visual difference is due to slightly over aggressive NR in camera (which of course can not be controlled when shooting Raw+jpg) which tends to smear fine detail in the jpg's.   That's my theory anyway and it really is no surprise that proper raw conversions will be better than OOC default jpg's.

I would like to try and fine tune jpg only camera output but I really haven't a great deal of time at the moment.

-- hide signature --

Randy

Ranlee's gear list:Ranlee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
G-D
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow