Pentax inn need of the big next step

Started Jul 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
leggeron Senior Member • Posts: 1,077
Re: Pentax inn need of the big next step

I am one of the newcomers to the wonderful world of Pentax. Bought a K30 in May and liked it so much that I bought a K5iis (didn't get the k3 because I find 16mp to be a sweet spot for my needs and I prefer switches to buttons -focusing and metering) within weeks and now my small pentax system includes the da50 1.8, da18-135, da*16-50, da*50-135 and m 50 1.4, I'm starting to look into limiteds.
And without going into details - I couldn't be happier. The k5iis is probably all I ever wanted out of camera and I feel as though Pentax built it especially for me. I also bought a Q for fun.

I really hope Pentax will persevere as it puts out fantastic no nonsense gear. but I also feel that Pentax/Ricoh should make a more serious effort into mirrorless for diversification (in my mind, I believe that mirrorless is the future for non professional/sports use at least) The Q, while a brilliant tactile experience, doesn't cut it and K-mount mirrorless negates one of the biggest lures of mirrorless - size and weight.

So here's me hoping it will all be well at the end of the day.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leggeron/
Just so you know how good/bad I am at this.

leggeron's gear list:leggeron's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow