D810 Observations: Focusing & Shutter Speed

Started Jul 20, 2014 | Discussions thread
digital ed
OP digital ed Veteran Member • Posts: 3,529
Re: D800 vibration test for reference

Horshack wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

I've got to say that the amount of vibration at lower shutter speeds is vastly reduced over the D800, even when shooting hand held. No doubt you can get better results with a tripod (just like you would with a 5D mkIII), but I'm not seeing the need to crank up shutter speeds like I did with my D800E

If someone could reproduce a test like I did on my D800 it would help determine how much vibration was reduced in the new mirror design on the D810. Test is here - I used a Zeiss 100mm MP @ MFD, which is a torture test because @ MFD the barrel is fully extended and cantilevered off the body, plus the MP is very sharp.

I am also interested in the results. I have been shooting only real life subjects and haven't yet set up my area for printed targets. I may get to this in a few days but hopefully someone will have done this test before then.

-- hide signature --

"There is a little of not done yet in all of us."
John Madden, football coach

digital ed's gear list:digital ed's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow