Pentax inn need of the big next step

Started Jul 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
Philnw2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,683
Re: Pentax only needs stop treating K-mount as the 645-mount

Holger Bargen wrote:

sfa1966 wrote:

Holger Bargen wrote:

The K3 startet with problems - many people had problems with Focus and sharpness of the Pictures. I still think of our old forum moderator who had big problems and left the Pentax System and this forum. Now many people have problems with the flapping mirror and do not take this camera for serious events where they have to deliver good photos reliably.

The price or the K3 is in a range where I would buy it - but I do hope for a follow up model with an articulated Screen as if you are doing a lot of macro work - most time near the ground - this is a Feature that would be a great one and a reason to buy this camera - even if it would add nothing else to the satandard of my K5.

You get a camera with articulated screen for most Systems. And for most Systems you find more lenses - new or old ones.

I think the release of the Pentax Flu-card has ended my hopes of a future articulated screen. It pretty much allows you to do what you have just described for macro shots ...

It's simple if you have a smartphone. I do not own one and I have no intention to buy one. Or does anyone know if the FluCard would work with a simple smartphone without any SIM card?

Best regards

Holger

Love my K3 - AF is to die for.  But because Pentax abandoned the K01 without a follow-up, i went off and bought 2 Nex cameras eventually.  When you buy into a two system arena, you get an appreciation for what's out there and what's good on each system.

But what i miss on the K3 and K5 is the tilting or articulated screen.  My nex cameras have the tilting screens and i use them quite often.  There is a high probablity they will be on the next pentax dslr.  Reason:  they put it on the 645Z.

I like mirrorless cameras and EVF.  I think the softness of the ebay for old lenses, may in some small part, be due to a drop in sales of DSLRs, about 18% for the first 5 months of 2014, while IIRC, mirrorless cameras increased in unit sales by about 13%.  In Japan, mirrorless unit sales are about 60% of DSLRs.  I don't know where this is going to end up, but its something for Canon, Nikon and Pentax to think about, and i'm sure they are.

Just looking at the Most Popular Camera list, and 8 out of the 10 cameras are mirrorless.

Mirrorless and DSLRs will probably coexist for years at some level, but its interesting to watch.

-- hide signature --

Phil B
Pentax K-3(Best APS Camera) Nex 6, 5n, Epson R3000, 3880

Philnw2's gear list:Philnw2's gear list
Sony a7R II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow