Why I'm moving from the Sony A7 to Fuji X-T1

Started Jul 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
SaltLakeGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 13,573
Re: Why I'm moving from the Sony A7 to Fuji X-T1

Mike in Kansas wrote:

SaltLakeGuy wrote:

If I hadn't come across the MkII 'd still have the Fuji or sure. It is a great camera indeed.

-- hide signature --

Sony A77MkII SLT Body, 16-50 f2.8 Sony Lens, 70-300G Sony Lens
Picturecode PhotoNinja, LightZone, Adobe Lightroom 5.4

So you got yet another new love, eh? Are you telling everyone over on the Sony forum how it beats the pants off the X-T1 and 56mm?

Mike, I guess you missed my initial memo. I've been unemployed since the end of March so $$$ have been tough to come by. I ran into a crunch regarding mortgage money and had to sell the Fuji system off at the last minute. I then got a couple of offers to do some shooting jobs and needed another camera system. I had some hands on with several systems and decided I needed to try the A77MkII. It worked out. No I'm not gloating how superior it is to the Fuji, but obviously it brings some things to the photographic table the Fuji does not, or I can assure you I would not have gotten the Sony over the Fuji. I still LOVE the Fuji and only praise it. However as a professional tool, the Sony has a few things up on the Fuji. The Sony's files are indeed larger and offer some more latitude in the post, as well as shear speed, which in the professional world still remains a huge issue. Aside from some other features Sony does indeed their lenses I'm using are super sharp and fast as well. If I needed a carry friendly system once more the Fuji would surely remain tops on my list of considerations. I continue to look for a job and I'm really hoping it happens real soon. If it makes you feel any better the Fuji was the first camera system in a very long time that left an impression on me.

-- hide signature --

Sony A77MkII SLT Body, 16-50 f2.8 Sony Lens, 70-300G Sony Lens
Picturecode PhotoNinja, LightZone, Adobe Lightroom 5.4

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow