What IS the benefit of buying a used X-E2 over a similar X-E1 ??

Started Jul 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
Randy Benter
Randy Benter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,191
Re: What IS the benefit of buying a used X-E2 over a similar X-E1 ??

ericN2 wrote:

Daniel Lauring wrote:

What I haven't seen mentioned yet is continuous focus tracking. It isn't fantastic on the X-E2 but it's non-existent on the X-E1. There is even the possibility of focus tracking improvement with the X-E2 since it uses the same sensor and processor as the X-T1 and Fuji has been pretty good about adding features and improving performance with firmware updates.

I know that very many here I'm sure may not have even given a thought to this I'm about to mention.. but to me...it does really give rise to thoughts of uncertainty...on what in every other aspect relates to maybe far more importance than technical issues.... the LCD !!
I have seriously in mind my good old Canon G7 which I used happily for a few years then put away to get the G9. I used that happily then went off Canon altogether for what must be perhaps 4 or 5 years. Not so long ago now my Grand-daughter wanted a camera (first user) and I gave her my old G7 (which she has been delighted with)....BUT at the time..I had that in my hands again and I couldn't help but think..that LCD does look small and indeed certainly less good than I'd then been using on several later. Why ??? .. because I'm a guy who for reasons maybe more of my own decision than pure technicalities..ALWAYS compose on the LCD..even if there is an EVF or OVF I would only use that in emergencies when really bright light made an LCD view near impossible... again WHY ?? .. because I firmly believe in composing with TWO eyes..in that way you ALWAYS see not only your pic-view...but readily see if anything is about to intrude and spoil that...you CANNOT readily do that if you (as I would have to) use one eye at an EVF and the other inevitably closed and/or relatively blind to the rest of the World going by !! (so to speak)

Compo this way is just MY feature..I love it and don't want it any other way..NOW I'm amazed to see a 2.7 inch LCD on the X-E1 and I truly feel a little concerned....here am I contemplating a new total expense..camera AND a new lens to suit it..and a possible 2.7-inch screen to compose on..I'm not sure I like that!!!

If you prefer using the LCD, then I highly recommend getting the X-A1 instead of either X-E model.

Randy Benter's gear list:Randy Benter's gear list
Apple Aperture Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow