Reviews of cameras for the average amateur

Started Jul 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
brianj Forum Pro • Posts: 14,657
Re: The grapes are out of reach, must be sour.

Albert Silver wrote:

brianj wrote:

Richard wrote:

brianj wrote:

Richard wrote:

brianj wrote:

No, I get what I need, not what I want, I could raise the money to buy anything I want, but I choose not to.

And that is fine. I understand that too.

LOL, I carry a camera at all times when I am not at home, do you really expect me to go around all the time with that blunderbus hanging around my neck like an albatros.

Brian

Which is a difference between you and I. I use the phone for snapshots and don't carry the dslr around all the time. When I go to photograph I take the DSLR. If it think there may be a opportunity for serious photography, I will put my camera bag in the car.

I've heard of this thing called 'serious photography', I assume it means that the person might sell the image or make a living out of it. I don't do either of these things, and suspect that I never do serious photography. I can understand a professional needing the best tools, it is the same in any trade or business, but I am only a hobbyist and traveller recording events in my life for later memories. My grandfather did this with a kodak box camera and the family loved his photos, my P&S photos are worlds better than those, so I have no doubt they will be liked.

Brian

Even a hobbyist can strive to raise their standard.

I did, now it is raised, I don't need to keep raising it beyond 'fit for purpose', that would border on obsessional, somewhat similair to economists always wanting productivity to rise, even if we have to kill every animal and destroy the world to achieve it.

Many people have realised that one needs to step off the conveyor belt of modern existance and relax and enjoy themselves and accept that what they already have is more than enough.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow