Image quality from Canon G1X MkII

Started Jul 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,192
Re: Image quality from Canon G1X MkII

I must say I am amazed at how fast and how much zoom there is with the G1X II lens. When you look at how time seems to have stood still in CSC aps-c lens development which just does not match that of the bodies and the Samsung 16-50 f2.8 shows how the lens size and cost has to be so large if not integrated into the camera and they are not alone here. The Sony 18-105 f4 seems a nice affordable lens but again enormous and not so fast and described in a review as a video lens which is pretty damning.

The Canon G1X II looks better day by day.

mcslsk wrote:

At the current state of technology and with the software applied lens correction, you will be unable to tell the difference between the G1XMKII, NEX6 16-50 and RX100M2 if you look at an image on your PC Monitor resampled to 1920x1200. The G1XMKII has a very fine zoom lens that is sharp across the frame from 2.0 and up (though I would not go above f8 unless neccessary). So don't worry about IQ, the G1XMKII will deliver.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
G-D
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow