Topaz Remask 4

Started Jul 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
billythek Veteran Member • Posts: 5,260
Re: Can Topaz Remask do this image?

I ask this because I am not familiar with the outline process of topaz remask program.  Because the flyaway hair out of the main body of the image leaves me with questions.  BTW...I do not know who's image this is, but recall sometime ago of a thread with Ronny Harris and masking discussion which had a lot of action and this image was used.  Whoever photographed it, great image and,hope I am not violating anything.  Here is the sample, suggest using original size here:

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/davidjaseck
http://www.pbase.com/davidjaseck/image/112520927/small.jpg
Be careful how you interpret the world: It is like that.

That one should be a very easy test case due to the white background. Try Patsy's technique of pre-filling with the blue compute mask.
--
- Bill

I take it back, this image is not so easy. I think it is because it is a derived image of something that was already been masked before and placed on a white background. I think there was some transparency or blurring of the edges in the earlier cut out which make it more difficult which the channel tricks may help clean up.
The out of focus hairs are especially hard to mask, at least for me.

Interesting test case.
--
- Bill

billythek's gear list:billythek's gear list
DxO One Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow