Is the 5dmk3 the perfect camera?

Started Jul 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
Hans Kruse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,431
Re: Is the 5dmk3 the perfect camera?

qianp2k wrote:

Dan_168 wrote:

Dan and Hans,

http://www.colbybrownphotography.com/an-in-depth-review-of-the-sony-a7r/

This is a personal experience of A7r from a landscape pro photographer I read in Sony forum. If you guys use mainly for landscape and studio with tripod most times which I believe, A7r is a great choice. Shutter shock and lossy compression are really not issues in those scenarios from all pros who have used A7r from what I read such as this guy and Fred Miranda as well as my own experiences. It's not an all-purpose camera as 5D3 or D810 of course if you want use it for other purposes.

As mentioned before this is an issue and on a tripod. I really don't understand why you continue to try to deny it. As I said the Sony A7R is not of interest to me and I don't like adapters. As mentioned I have a dual system using Canon and Nikon already and I don't see the value of adding the Sony for my purpose. I know very well what camera the A7R is, so please don't try to explain to me what it is And it is not true that pros have said the issues are non issues. I gave you links to these and there are more. Again go ahead and use your A7R and if you are happy with it then you are happy

As I also said the difference in resolution is relatively marginal between the Canon 5D III and the Sony A7R or Nikon D800E/D810.

This judgement comes from a pro landscape photographer.

Hans Kruse's gear list:Hans Kruse's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Yxa
Yxa
(unknown member)
Rob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow