Focus ring slippage?
My tamron 70-300 exhibits a similar behavior to the canon 70-200 f4 (i think) Where the focus ring will occasionally slip when focusing closer away from infinity, with the lens in a vertical position pointing up shooting the ceiling/sky above your head. Auto focus works like a charm.
It doesn't really affect my shooting but I just want to know if it's "normal" (i.e. a known you-have-to-live-with-it issue with this lens) or if it's something I should look at before it becomes worse.
I bought it used and it didn't show up during testing. I'm not sure if it's under warranty but even if it is I am not sure warranties are honored to second-hand users.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4