Samsung RAW and Adobe DNG compared file size
I tried this on a 26.283 KB Samsung NX10 RAW file :
- Compressed with WinZIP : 23.599 KB
- Compressed with 7ZIP : 20.706 KB
- Converted to DNG format with Adobe DNG Converter 8.3 : 12.709 KB !!!
Given there is a 4.647 KB JPEG file embedded within the Samsung RAW file, the RAW data + metadata are about 21.636 KB in size, still much bigger than the DNG file...
Why is the DNG file so small ? Is the conversion process lossy ?
Thank you for taking the time to clarify this.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO