What Olympus actually promised:

Started May 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Messier Object Veteran Member • Posts: 6,217
Re: Reality check

Great Bustard wrote:

Messier Object wrote:

Lab D wrote:

So your 2 top priorities in a camera are AF speed and battery life, not IQ, not performance, not focus accuracy, or other feature

no, I want a camera that significantly improves on my E-5s ability to AF my existing lenses.

I want a camera that can AF track BIF with my existing 4/3 lenses

I want a camera that's easy to handle with my 3.2Kg lens on the front of it when I'm wearing gloves, have wet hands, in the bush

I want a camera that gets more than couple dozen shots out of the batteries when it freezing too cold to want to take off the gloves to change batteries.

And I don't want to have to buy a new set of lenses.

I don't disagree with those sentiments. But an EM1 + 7-14 / 2.8 (not yet out) + 12-40 / 2.8 + 40-150 / 2.8 (not yet out) is one helluva setup, don't you think?

maybe so, but  I have the 5D3 with 16-35 . . .  and I look at m.ft as a third system that I don't have room for, and something like the sigma 50/1.4A is of more interest to me now

Messier Object's gear list:Messier Object's gear list
Olympus E-5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow