Sony A7/A7R Advice Please

Started Jul 17, 2014 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eric Lawton Regular Member • Posts: 101
Sony A7/A7R Advice Please

Hello,

I have just acquired the cash to buy the Sony A7 or A7R, and I need some advice from the wonderful folks on this forum.  I am a wedding photographer and have always used Canon DSLR's with Canon L lenses.

I want to start getting into the mirror-less world, and I am pretty sure I want to go the Sony route being that you get a lot for your money.  Even though I shoot weddings for a living, I have a sincere love for landscape photography, and when I heard the Sony A7R had 36 megapixels it definitely peaked my interest!

So....with all of that being said, I am ready to buy, and the only thing that is stopping me is lack of knowledge.  I would like to know a few things before I buy and they are listed below:

#1 Which really is the superior camera for a landscape/wedding photog? A7 or A7R?

#2 I have thousands of dollars in Canon L lenses and want to know of a good adapter that will allow me to use all of my lenses with good functionality, auto focus, and all electronics, including IS fully working. If there is one for a great price, please post a link to buy on B&H or something. Thanks!!!

#3 And lastly, are these cameras even worth buying if I am going to be using my canon lenses? I really dont want to have to buy a ton of Zeiss glass and spend thousands more.

Thank you SO much in advance for the advice!!!

Eric

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow