New problem with 2 year old RX100

Started Jul 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RM3 Forum Member • Posts: 82
New problem with 2 year old RX100

I have had my RX100 for 2 years and love the camera. It's been all over the world with me and I have taken thousands of photos that I really like. About a week ago I tried to take a photo and the shutter button was unresponsive. So was the zoom. I powered down and back upp again and still had the same problem. I powered down, removed the battery, let the camera sit for a few minutes, powered it back up and still not working. I then went into the menu to the "Initialize" page and chose the "Reset Default" option. After the camera re-booted it worked normally.

Yesterday when I picked up the camera the image on the screen was in black and white. I was able to take a photo and it was also in black and white. This time I just went straight to the "Reset Default" option and everything was fine once again. The 2 photos I took when the screen was in black and white were in fact in black and white but the subsequent photos I took were normal.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar with this camera? I am guessing I am going to have similar issues in the future. I have a warranty with Square Trade but am also guessing that if I send it somewhere for repair that they will not be able to fix the camera if they do not experience a problem when they have the camera in their hands.

Of course I could go out and buy a shiny new M3 or a new M1 if I could find one but I really like my M1 and would like to keep it and not have any further problems with it.

Suggestions please! Thanks!

RM3's gear list:RM3's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Sony RX10 IV
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow