C&C: Iceland Waterfall in B&W (w/ E-M1)

Started Jul 11, 2014 | Photos thread
biza43 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,752
Re: C&C: Iceland Waterfall in B&W (w/ E-M1)

A few more thoughts:

1. The composition is a bit too centred, the fall is almost in the middle, both vertically and horizontally;

2. This leads to the water exiting the photo on the side on the left, which is odd. This leaves the bottom right hand side empty of interest, with just a few small boulders/rocks.

3. The original is too bland, with many light areas competing for visual interest, really there is no anchor point.

4. the second interpretation is somewhat better, as the falls brightness has less competition from other elements. But the somewhat poor composition remains. Not knowing the area, I can not offer other alternatives.

5. In the end, this photo appears to me as a normal wide angle composition, showing too much, and in the end not really grabbing the attention for long. If this were exhibited in a print somewhere, I would pass it by, look at it for a few seconds, and just move on.

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha a7 II Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Zeiss Loxia 50 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow