Started Jul 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP brosenz Senior Member • Posts: 1,004
Re: Sony A7r Battery Drain over a week with the Camera Powered Off

LTZ470 wrote:

brosenz wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

brosenz wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

If you are leaving in a position where the shutter is half pressed it will drain the battery, RX1 does this, happens to many folks...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I do not support the call to leave the FZ1000 without options to install a Teleconverter

I always leave it in the OFF position.

Even with camera in "off" position with shutter half pressed or depressed it will drain the battery...even with camera in OFF position it will still drain the battery...

-- hide signature --

FlickR Photostream:
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I do not support the call to leave the FZ1000 without options to install a Teleconverter

Please could you explain what do you mean by "leaving it with shutter half pressed or depressed", I am not touching the camera, how could it be depressed?, thanks

If you leave it inside a holster or a pouch and the shutter is inadvertently depressed or half pressed it will drain the battery...it may even happen if one of the FN buttons or Control ring is depressed as well...don't know but happens on RX1's as well and the shutter button was the culprit...

-- hide signature --

FlickR Photostream:

Thank you for the clarification, in my case the camera sits on top of my desk.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow