First impressions of Tamron 150-600mm w/ 5DIII and 7D

Started Jul 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kevin G. Veteran Member • Posts: 3,058
First impressions of Tamron 150-600mm w/ 5DIII and 7D

Hello,

Just received this lens about a week ago - got it for shooting BIF with my 5DIII.  Unfortunately many of the birds haven't been cooperating, but I did get a few off.  I then decided to try it with my Canon 7D and I was very pleasantly surprised - I thought it performed better than the 7D did with my Canon 300mm f/4!  Because of the extra reach, I've been shooting exclusively with the 7D and fine the tracking and focus to be much better than with my Canon lens.  I'm glad I didn't sell the 7D.  BTW, I always shoot in AI Servo mode, even when not tracking birds - even for stationary objects, and if the lens once had a problem with this, it DOES NOT on my version.

Anyway, only the first shot is with the 5D III, all the rest with the 7D.  I hope to get out this weekend and get some birds in flight - I have gotten some, but nothing spectacular photo wise, but the tracking and focus is great.  All hand held.  Exif should be included.  C&C welcome.

Regards,

Kevin

Bald Eagle - First day with the lens - this is with the 5D III - I've been trying to get hime with the 7D but no luck yet

Juvenile Eagle with 7D

Sparrow

Adult and Juvenile

Goose

Goose

Finches

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow