Lenses for X-t1

Started Jul 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
Clayton1985 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,939
Re: Lenses for X-t1

darngooddesign wrote:

juvx wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

The 14mm, 23mm, 35mm, 56mm are all must haves depending on your needs and preferred focal length. The 18mm and 27mm pancake lenses are good too if you want those focal lengths or if you want the size advantage of a pancake lens. And if you like zoom lenses then the 10-24, 18-55 and 55-200 are all great.

Basically every lens for the X system is good so you don't have to worry much about avoiding a lens based on performance. You did mention AF though so you may decide against a few lenses like the 35mm and 60mm.

Yeah i heard the 60mm is pretty bad in terms of autofocus. Are there any other ones i have to watch out for in this regard?

The 60 is slower because its a macro lens. You might as well complain that the 55-200 is a bad wide angle lens.

Well, the 60mm is an autofocus lens...     the 55-200 is not a wide angle lens.   If autofocus performance is important to the OP then it is helpful to know that the 60mm is slow.  And I don't really see anyone complaining about the 60mm AF as much as simply pointing out that the 60mm is slow to focus.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow