I heart my XE-1 and 18-55mm lens
I bought the kit a few months ago but sadly have not had a chance to really work it out. I've owned an x100 for a couple of years and the wild card for me has been will the XE-1 measure up to my x100. Well my testing is finally done and the XE-1 output is just as pleasing to me as my x100, at least for my own purposes.
Neither of these are great photos (quick snapshots actually and likely flawed at some level) but represent the evidence that I needed to conclude the output is as nice as my X100 and therefore my plan to invest in additional glass is well justified.
Not sure how well these will look on DPR but the eyes are nice and clear on my PC. When I do portraits I look for clarity in the eyes, detail in the hair, and color in the cheeks. For hand held shots I like what I captured here (both at 55mm focal length at f/5).
RAW Images with minor PP using LR 5.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%