Lenses for X-t1

Started Jul 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
juvx
OP juvx Senior Member • Posts: 1,536
Re: Lenses for X-t1

Jerry-astro wrote:

juvx wrote:

Im considering switching to the X-t1 from my sony a7 mainly for the lenses. the 55-200 im getting for sure.

What other lenses would you recommend of me getting first. I'm looking for good autofocus performance.

Should i get the kit lens or the 18-135 when it comes out?

what Primes MUST have in this system?

Difficult to answer this without knowing more about what you're shooting and what's important to you. I would have still opted for the kit lens over the 18-135 because the longer reach doesn't have all that much value to me and the larger aperture of the kit lens does. What else do you need to shoot? Portraits? Then the 56 f/1.2 is a must have, I'm told. For reach, the 55-200 is supposed to be great, however, there's rumored to be a 120-400 coming later this year (which I'm personally waiting for -- the 55-200 is just too short for my needs).

So bottom line, provide some guidance on the types of photography you're interested in and you'll get a lot of guidance from some very experienced folks (unlike me -- new to Fuji).

Haha I knew that question was coming. I defiantly need the 55-200 as that the main reason from switching from the A7. its actually like 90-300mm in full frame equivalent which is good enough for now.

I'm not very specialized. Iv done everything from Street, travel, portraits, wild life, landscapes.

Autofocus is important to me so i would like to know which primes autofocus the best on a xt1.

juvx's gear list:juvx's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a6500 Sony a9 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony FE 35mm F1.4 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow