Is the 5dmk3 the perfect camera?

Started Jul 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
hotdog321
hotdog321 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,537
Re: Is the 5dmk3 the perfect camera?

zenpmd wrote:

I have come to it from mirrorless as I needed something to shoot very fast and with reliable autofocus for pet photography and it does not disappoint. I cannot really think of anything I would improve on it, except maybe a little more dynamic range would be nice. But really, I could use this thing for 10 years!

Nikon cameras, although very good, are simply not as well rounded. its a shame the 6d does not have a 100 percent viewfinder else it would be a perfect second camera!

Anyone else feel the same?

I own and use two 5D III professionally. They are excellent mid-pro level cameras, but they do have drawbacks. "Only" six frames per second and the crippled SD slot spring to mind. A faster sync speed would be nice (the original 1D camera had an amazing 1/500 sync!)

I miss the audio record function you get on the 1D series, too--great for taking audio notes during sporting events or getting someone's name spelled right. Then there are bells and whistles like GPS and WiFi.

Again, the 5D III are excellent cameras and you really need to get the 1DX to take it to the next level. Love the "quiet" shooting mode for theaters, concerts, church, etc. too!

hotdog321's gear list:hotdog321's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Yxa
Yxa
(unknown member)
Rob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow