E-M1 unraveling. What do I do?

Started Jun 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
William Porter
OP William Porter Senior Member • Posts: 1,730
Re: E-M1 unraveling. What do I do?

tgutgu wrote:

I has the same problem. I used the camera until I could afford to be without it for a while. Via Service Plus the camera was repaired and turned back after about a week. Since then no other problems.

Thomas, what is "Service Plus"? Is that Olympus or an independent warranty and repair contract?

Get the camera to service as soon as you can and don't try to use any glue.

No, decided against that (although it was tempting). A few hours ago, I mailed the camera to Olympus. Hope it comes back fairly quickly and never has another problem.

The E-M1 is the tenth or eleventh digital ILC I've owned in the last seven years or so, and the first one to need a repair. I did have to send in a Sigma lens once, and it was returned to me, fixed, within a week. I'll feel better about this bad experience if Olympus can fix the camera and get it back to me more quickly than they've promised.

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow