No more Nx2. Welcome to NXD!

Started Feb 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
Mr Gadget Senior Member • Posts: 1,973
Re: No more Nx2. Welcome to NXD!

scehotch wrote:

Oh dear..just installed it and am presented with a poor man's Photoshop. U-point is the major loss. Doesn't Nikon realise that a silly piece of software like this is not expected by Nikon users? Any number of freebie packages are as good.

So, I will stick with NX2 and the dreaded Photoshop. And I did like the magic brush too

Nikon cannot cut a brake. Prior to NX2 there was a hew and cry that Nikon should leave software development to a pro software house rather than trying to do it internally.  So the contract with Nik to produce NX2 which folks still complained about - bad user interface, i.e. was not the same as Photoslop, but everyone generally loved the results. Google comes along and buys Nik and for whatever reason tells Nikon that they would no longer support NX2. So Nikon goes to SilkyPix and has them develop a Raw Converter that would produce the same results as NX2, and Nikon will offer it as a freebie.  End result, Nikon is once again the bad guy in all of this.

IMO, NXD does a creditable job with converting NEFs to Jpeg/Tiff. The only thing I don't care for is the Damn Sidecar files which seem to be present with all converters these days.

-- hide signature --

Conrad
---------------------------------------------------
Show Low, Arizona

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow