RX100 M3 focus peaking blues
I often prefer manual focussing (and maybe the DMF in RX100).
Then you need focus peaking. A very nice feature. But, the implementation on RX100 is very annoying.
It works just fine when focussing. Then the camera zooms in and the focus peaking works just fine. But ... when the camera turns off magnification, then the image is just loaded with peaking edges, Lots and lots and lots. Everywhere all over the image. There are two problems with this
- The peaking info totally covers the image. You can hardly see what you are doing.
- It is simply wrong. The image is not in focus where you see the peaking info. One example - even if the thing in the centre is unsharp - and there is no peaking info in the magnified image - the unmagnified shows "in focus" nevertheless.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO