What is the sharpest M43 Olympus lens?

Started Jul 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Shadowfixer Senior Member • Posts: 1,333
Re: From these only the 75mm is an Olympus lens...

Paul De Bra wrote:

The OP did ask for an Olympus lens in the subject.

The main reason I do not have the 75mm in my bag is price. I cannot really justify the huge price difference between the also very sharp 45mm and the 75mm.

Although I am happy with the 20mm and 14-42X I have I'm probably going to stick to Olympus lenses to avoid needing a UV 2A filter to avoid purple fringing.

Yes, I did say Olympus lens. I know it's probably just me but I prefer to stick with the brand of lens that goes with the camera. No, I don't need anybody telling me I'm stupid and missing out on some great lenses. I have Nikon lenses for my Nikon and I had Minolta lenses for my Minoltas when I shot those as well as Pentax for Pentax. Yes, I've tried Tamron and Sigma but I have never been happy with either. I do have a Metabones adapter so I look forward to seeing what my 80-400 Nikon looks like on the EM-10. The 105 VR looks good on it. The only Olympus lens I have is the 14-150. I've seen lots of people rip this lens on here so I'm anxious to see what I can get with it on my trip to New Mexico this week. The few shots I've taken so far with the 14-150 are not as soft as some of the reports I've seen. There has been some great discussion in this thread and I appreciate everyone's input. It gives me a feeling on what people are seeing in the field and it helps a lot for someone not familiar with the M43 format.

Shadowfixer's gear list:Shadowfixer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow