Imac won't recognize xavc-x files

Started Jul 3, 2014 | Questions thread
Corkcampbell
Corkcampbell Forum Pro • Posts: 18,001
Totally agree; see my reply from about the same time as yours.

Totally agree about iMovie; see my reply from about the same time as yours. I was used to the previous iMovie so had trouble finding some features on the new one - the usual problems when you don't use the help feature or even Google questions. As mentioned above, I've even bought one of the new books on it - there are two new books available. I put it on my Kindle and have been highlighting the stuff I didn't know and then printing it later. The book has also helped me understand some things about the previous versions. I'm in the habit of buying "how to" books and then ignoring them, but this one has been very helpful.

I bought a new MBP last month and put a copy of FCP that was given to me from my previous job; it installed okay and even upgraded to the latest version. When I finally get around to learning it, I'll get whatever good book is available for that as well. And, of course, there's a lot of free help on sources such as YouTube.

Anyway, I think Apple did a really good job on what is, for all practical purposes, a free program. And, they've been doing useful updates, including one two days ago. Besides adding new features, and improving some tools such as color correction, rolling shutter adjustment, stabilization, cropping, split clip videos (or whatever it's called when you have two clips going at one time each taking half of the screen vertically) etc., it also kept the Picture in Picture feature I use often.

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow