Imac won't recognize xavc-x files

Started Jul 3, 2014 | Questions thread
Corkcampbell
Corkcampbell Forum Pro • Posts: 17,531
Isn't Final Cut Express really old?

Isn't Final Cut Express really old? I just haven't seen or heard anything about it in years; maybe I just missed it. If it is really outdated, you might find that the latest iMovie fills your needs; it's been radically changed and I like it. In fact, I got a free copy of FCP and I've been too lazy to learn it as iMovie does everything I need - in fact, I just bought the very new "Missing Manual" book for it, released last month. I think the new iMovie is either free (it was for me when it Mavericks rolled out) or very cheap at $15, or something like that.

If you really need to use FC Express for some reason, start a thread on the Digital Video forum to see if anyone has tried it with Mavericks.

I was initially worried about Mavericks because I have old printers and all of that odd software we get with camera purchases, etc. I also have older versions of Toast, Parallels, etc. However, I have it on an Air, a new MBP, and even a 5 year-old iMac and there wasn't a problem with anything. Quite pleased.

Remember that, with Yosemite coming out this fall, you will be two OS' back, which is when you start losing the ability to do newer things, and use newer programs.

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow