Used 6D: what is a decent price and shutter count?

Started Jul 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Jonathan Brady
Jonathan Brady Veteran Member • Posts: 5,930
Re: Used 6D: what is a decent price and shutter count?

gossamer88 wrote:

Jonathan Brady wrote:

They're sold out currently but will likely be restocked soon... You can get a refurb for $1291 plus tax from Canon which includes a good-as-new warranty for a year. So, same price (or less) than that CL offering but with a warranty. So, I expect used items to be cheaper than refurbs.

I have checked the refurb, but will keep checking for sure. Thanks. Funny that they have an option to send a notification on other cameras, but not the 6D.

Here's your workaround

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/product/04039/Canon-EOS-6D-price.html

Click on "notify" and you can set your price threshold (for new and/or refurbished) below which, you'll receive an email notification that the product is in stock.  I've never seen the 6D more than 20% off of the refurb price  so if you set it too low, you'll never get notified!  lol  The current refurb price is $1291.32 including a 15% discount so I'd recommend setting the 6D refurb notification at $1300 if you want a 15% discount or set it at $1220 if you want a 20% discount (price would be $1215.36).  Obviously the 15% discounts come around more frequently so if you set it at 20% it may be a while before you get that email.  My suggestion is to set it at $1300 and if you're ready to buy when you get the email, go for it regardless of whether it's 15 or 20%.  It's only a difference of $75 which, over the life of the product, isn't very much.

Good luck!

-- hide signature --

QUOTE: "Another conclusion: After having read a few hundred instances of “fanboy” references during research for this article, it’s clear to me that the word has lost whatever potency it might once have had as an insult. It’s too much of a cliché, too inappropriately dismissive, too likely to be tossed in as an ad hominem attack by someone who shows signs of extreme fanboyism himself."
In other words - takes one to know one. And you lack creativity.
http://gizmodo.com/5540818/the-fascinating-origin-of-the-word-fanboy

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Sony a9 Sony Alpha a7R III Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow