very good fully open some CAs

Started Jul 1, 2014 | User reviews thread
OP sandglass New Member • Posts: 4
Re: very good fully open some CAs

JeffAHayes wrote:

Pics look great, Sandglass, and it's my understanding the DA* 200 really IS an outstanding lens, as are all FIVE DA* lenses.

In my case, being someone who seems to ALWAYS want "just a little more reach" and who can never afford to get every lens, I opted to spend just a bit more and get the DA* 300. Even though its fastest aperture is F 4, it's still a fantastic lens, and with the high ISOs AND image stabilization available with today's cameras, that extra F-stop is never an issue for me (hasn't been for anyone else I know who has it, either -- and there are LOADS of folks here who have and love that lens -- they're the ones who talked ME into getting it ).

Thank You.
For a bit more reach and flexibility the DA* 60-250 f/4.0 is a real option. if using longer focal length than aperture below f/4 is mostly pointless. the depth of field gets small as a peace of paper.
If U intend to own a zoom lens ranging through 200mm and if this should be excellent, the Pentax DA* 60-250 might be the very best choice though the prime 200mm is much more handy.
kind regards
Peter

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow