Nikon color and skin tones - 3 examples and poll (subjective)

Started Jul 3, 2014 | Polls thread
Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 24,843
Re: None

OK. But some customers are damn picky - at least mine are.

imac2001 wrote:

The iPhone 5 is a great device to use for viewing photos critically. It is (or was) the best calibrated portable device for accurate colors, and it consistently was found to be more accurate than most high end desktop monitors- right out of the box.

Uh, maybe. But not in my world. Comparing a small iPhone image with a 30" calibrated photo monitor simply isn't possible. Any yes, I read anandteck - for computer info. For many good people, a smartphone image is all they need. I wouldn't try to make a living with the photos.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6334/iphone-5-screen-performance

BTW- maybe it is a waste of time, but it is fun, and I find your post to be much more constructive than 95% of the posts on this forum.

I'm anxious for you to tell us the adjustments you made for each image.

Some of these technical posts crack me up. The whole point was to take an informal, strictly subjective look at the images. You have to keep your pixel peeping tendencies in check and look at the images the way a normal person would. You know, like a customer would...

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow