Keep my new 50LF1.2 or return it for a 50mmArt ?!?

Started Jul 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
lighthunter80
lighthunter80 Contributing Member • Posts: 740
Re: Keep my new 50LF1.2 or return it for a 50mmArt ?!?

lighthunter80 wrote:

I think many 50L owner baught this lens because there was never a decent enough alternative in the Canon lineup or 3rd party manufacturers.

I owned the 50L about 3 years and sold it because of not enough use. For sitting in the bag most of the time it was too expensive. Also at that time no Sigma 50Art existed. Today I would for price and sharpnes take the Sigma any time. I own the 35Art and love it. The 50L has perhaps a slightly softer bokeh but that would not justify the huge price difference for me.

Id send it back or get the 85L instead which has no focus shift issues due to a floating element. I didn't have this issue at wide apertures but it's often reported at higher f numbers.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lighthunter_de/

I did exactly that, bought the 50L because I just can't stand the EF 50 1.4 and there is no Sigma 50 back then, but never really that happy with the 50L even it's sure much better than the 50 1.4 EF, so sold it for 85L II and been really happy with the 85L II, and then bought a old Sigma 50 F1.4 HSM when it came out, for the occasional need of a 50 F1.4 shooting, but if space permits, I always prefer the 85L II, the 85L II is one of those lens makes me keep coming back to the 1DS3 even I have the D800E, I just can't find a equally great portrait lens in the Nikon and Sigma line up yet, the Sigma 85 1.4, 85 1.4G, Nikon 105DC.... none of them can replace it, I also sold both my 35L and 35G for the Sigma 35 Art and wish this lens came out 5 earlier.

Lol, I also sold my 35L for the Sigma 35 but never plunged down the money for the 85L.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lighthunter_de/

lighthunter80's gear list:lighthunter80's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow