Tamron 150-600

Started Jun 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
jthommo101 Contributing Member • Posts: 511
In the field

the Tamron acquits itself well. As a former Bigma owner, and current Canon 100-400 owner I have found the Tammy better than both. It focuses quickly and accurately (on the Canon system, at least) and is quite sharp at 600mm wide open - which is where most people would have it set, I expect. Indeed, it is as sharp at 600mm as the Canon is at 400 and it blows the Bigma away.

Out of the camera the pictures are quite flat, they lack punchy colour and contrast; one press of the "auto" button LR seems to fix that.

It is long enough to make using it with a full frame camera an option and on a 70D is 900mm equivalent. One of there days I'll give it a go with my 1.4x extender, but I won't expect miracles...

it is a fairly hefty unit, but nothing like the big Canon lenses. Then again it doesn't perform like them either. But for the price it is, IMO, the best long lens around.

jthommo101's gear list:jthommo101's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Pentax *ist DS Pentax K20D Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow