fad Forum Pro • Posts: 16,043
Re: >>> Links Detachment and humanity

shutterbud wrote:

fad wrote:

shutterbud wrote:

fad wrote:

This is my argument.

Any thoughts?

I just take pictures. I learned a long time ago that 'deep thoughts' do very little good.

Alexander Pope, agrees with you:

I have spent twenty years as a Vajrayana Practitioner, studying, meditating and discussing Buddhist philosophy with high-ranking Rinpoches and monks who have spent up to ten years in solitary retreat. I was even given the honour of being joint-umze (leader of the ceremony) in a 2.5 hour long ceremony of the highest class of Tantra, in Tibetan, with a nun who is now a Lama. The last time I consulted Wisdom Books' catalogue for further research material I realised I had "drunk so deep" that I would have to learn Tibetan or wait for upcoming English translations of more original texts. I am really, really not impressed with attempts at profundity anymore. If that's is your bag, fair enough. I will refrain from further comment on your "poetic asides".

If you really have achieved as much enlightenment as you say, so much that you would actually have to learn something as substantial as a foreign language to become even more enlightened, why do you repeatedly make a point of putting down other people?   Shouldn't you be impassive and not feel you have to criticize people for doing street photography, or discussing things about the process that interest them?

Moreover, if you have done all this 'deep thinking' and it's done 'very little good' that is an excellent thing, I guess.  It's a form of self-discovery and perhaps something to build on, no?

-- hide signature --

Frank
shot in downtown Manhattan.
http://sidewalkshadows.com/blog/ (street photos)
Always view all photos in Gallery or Original Size

fad's gear list:fad's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon D750 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
(unknown member)
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow