Tamron 150-600

Started Jun 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
SirSeth Veteran Member • Posts: 9,962
Re: Reality Lens

Hey Dave,

I really do like the large premier MF glass even though it's hard to focus on movement. These lenses were very expensive and the glass is truly first class, so when  you do nail the shot, it's amazingly sharp and contrasty with tons of high end pop that is hard to quantify. But they are harder to use for sure. I guess I really want the 600mm f5.6 because I think when I do nail the shot it would be golden and I'll  never be able to afford a top level super-tele without IQ compromises. Oh, and build quality on these old lenses are amazing and there is almost nothing to ever go wrong with them without electrics and with good sealing.

Yes, the 560 is really expensive. That's out of the picture for me. I do hope Pentax will release a 450mm f5.6 for $2800ish. That would be fantastic.

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow