Electronic Shutter and Bendy Propellers ?

Started Jun 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
Greenbeanz
OP Greenbeanz Regular Member • Posts: 287
Re: Electronic Shutter and Bendy Propellers ?

GeorgianBay1939 wrote:

It was Armed Forces day here in the UK <<snip>>and what I think was a Dakota?

Yes, AKA DC-3, Gooney Bird, C-47.

I have never photographed aeroplanes before and only had the modest Panasonic 45-150 kit zoom with me but it coped remarkably well.

For sure! Well done!

Helped I think by the pilots coming so low over Plymouth Sound and captured on H burst mode , shutter priority, fine JPEG and Raw no live display, AFC focus. Unfortunately I had forgotten to turn the electronic shutter off, despite being warned about it's perils with action shots. Am I right in assuming that things like propellers, as in the first few wing walk shots, have bendy propellers because of this ?

Yes. See tail rotor in my image below.

I realised in time for the big plane (which I think was a Dakota) and switched to mechanical. I was impressed with the resolution of my G6 with the small zoom, even with cropping in, where you can actually see a couple of the crew or pilots waving ! Here are a few processed JPEGS, my RAW software is playing up at the moment. CC and advice welcome.

Wow! Well done for your first time with this type of KIF (Kite In Flight)!

Here is an AgustaWestland AW 139 departing our local helipad taken last month with a GX7 set on E shutter:

Note "bendy" blades of tail rotor.

Nice cockpit wave from the Grob Tutor!

Tom

PS Patient survived a stroke. 50 minutes from the call to admittance to an emergency ward in a properly equipped hospital. He is mending with no serious after effects.

t

Thanks for the confirmation of my suspicions and your kind comments.

(I like your signature too, my partner had a stroke 23 years ago and prompt action would have helped prevent a lot of the side effects that she lives with now. Stay Well.)

-- hide signature --

“I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” Pablo Picasso
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66891090@N05/

Greenbeanz's gear list:Greenbeanz's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon D750 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
G-D
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow