Please help me choose between Capture One vs DXO Optics Pro

Started Jun 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
40daystogo Regular Member • Posts: 267
Please help me choose between Capture One vs DXO Optics Pro

With the demise of Aperture -- and my refusal to go with Lightroom because of the high risk of Adobe making it subscription-only later on -- can people who have used BOTH of these software help me choose between the two.

Please can you limit comments to a comparison between Capture One and DXO, and not comment on Adobe's subscription-basis, since I'm fixed on my stance.

I need to make a decision between Capture One and DXO soon, since both are currently on specials online.

From what I've read, Capture One produces superior image quality with "pop" -- while DXO is great for correcting lens defects and for superior noise reduction. But I my style of post processing, I do a lot of selective corrections akin to dodging and burning, selective darkening and lightening. That's something DXO doesn't currently have.

I note that my Sony A6000 is not currently supported by Capture One, but I imagine it's a matter of time.

DxO Optics Pro Elite DxO Optics Pro Standard Phase One Capture One Express 7 Phase One Capture One Pro Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow