K30 fried after using in rain

Started Jan 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
photoramone
photoramone Forum Member • Posts: 59
Re: RE: Pentax USA warranty support

I bought a new 60-250 "WR" pentax lens....not cheap!!  I had a house and patio full of family and friends over, and in all the gabbing and saying "good-evening" to all, I sat my K-5 and 60-250 on a patio bench. I never got back outside before going to bed...when at 4 a.m. a thunder,rain and lightening storm awakened me, it just occured to me that "I might have left the camera outside".  I ran out in a deluge of rain that had been on-going for some time.  I was just SICK!!!   But grabbed a few super-absorbant paper towels and dobbed all the moisture from the camera....    I then made what could have been a big mistake, I took a picture and did not think to take the battery out...   That was about a month ago.....  and No problems..   I got luck, for sure, but a conikon would probably have been scrap..   I'm happy "WR" is available, but certainly NOT FOOL-PROOF..

-- hide signature --

bought 5 pentax spotmatics while serving in Viet Nam 1968, they got me started!

photoramone's gear list:photoramone's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-S2 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow