Oly E-P5 owners! Given a choice, whould you buy it again?

Started Jun 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Maklike Tier
Maklike Tier Regular Member • Posts: 417
Oly E-P5 owners! Given a choice, whould you buy it again?

Peeps, I'm looking to upgrade my E-P3. I like the weight, the form factor and the direct controls - it's a very 'right' feeling piece of kit for me, so the natural upgrade choice is the E-P5.

However, looming is the E-M10. Slightly cheaper, same sensor, but no fast shutter (I do find 1/4000 a bit limiting in full sunlight wide open) and IQ seems to be on par or slightly better in some situations. It seems a better value proposition at the moment.

There's also the continuing discussion around shutter-shock (sorry to bring it up again) and firmware updates fixing issues from previous firmware updates.  That's not exactly confidence booster.

So current E-P5 owners - Given the choice to go around the block again, would you buy an E-P5?

Maklike Tier's gear list:Maklike Tier's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow