Fuji X-S1 extremely disapointing

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lisetta1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,462
Re: Fuji X-S1 extremely disapointing

Dash29 wrote:

Having had the X-s1 for sometime I also agree the highlights are terrible.

Ive also found that if you repeatably half press the shutter button while in average metering the camera varies the exposure intermittently should you take the shot

Do you ever use spot metering or DR bracketing? I've found this camera gives me better control over highlights than my Canon SX40 (or briefly used SX50) did. I'm also experimenting with RAW which is so easy with the in-camera conversion and adjustment.

For under $350, I think the X-S1 is pretty amazing although I'm 100% certain that in spite of a lot of experimenting with setting, I could get much better results if I still knew more.

I'm not sure why this thread keeps getting bumped every month or so, but I -do- like to be reminded of that series of photos a bit above my post, showing just -some- of the range of things a camera like this can do. The other day I took out my old Canon A-1. It was bulkier and weighed more with only half as much zoom and no macro or video or (...on and on) capabilities, I appreciate growing up in the days of film cameras. It's still stunning to me what we're able to do for so little cost (and with so much easy creative control) now. (And the array of cameras available to consumers--it's too much, imo--lol-- but I still marvel at it.)

The average person takes photographs that are so superior (speaking about artistically/photographically) to the "old days" for most hobbyists with film--and so cheaply.

Reading complaints about the limitations of the X-S1--which, imo, like most bridge cams is just amazing consumer equipment to be available for under $350--well, I guess I'm just getting old, because I don't get it.

Lisetta

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HZP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow