Something Big Is Coming From Canon (And It Will Ship in October)

Started Jun 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
rwbaron Forum Pro • Posts: 13,477
Re: OK, Karl, now back it up with examples

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:
and am having a lot of trouble finding these "horrible artifacts" that you refer to.

It's about the aliasing, lack of proper demosaicing algorithms (again Fuji has detached themselves from the main stream software development for no benefit at all) and lack of spatial resolution in the red and blue channel as the irregular gaps due to the XTrans arrangement are a hurdle for a decent edge detecting demosaicing to close them.
There may not be a classical moiree problem but the green channel exhibits quite a lot of aliasing and if your patterns are not aligning properly with their filter array (contrary to their example) like in feather or fur structures then the aliasing along the edges will drive me nuts... I tried to see if that development is worthwhile but unless the sensor in a 7DII is in excess of 100Mp then the XTrans has too big deficits to be useful...
--
regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

Either stop talking this theoretical nonsense or provide proof (controlled comparison shots) because if you don't then I will post comparisons with my 7D which will demonstrate that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bob

-- hide signature --
 rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow