Something Big Is Coming From Canon (And It Will Ship in October)

Started Jun 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
rwbaron Forum Pro • Posts: 13,454
Re: Something Big Is Coming From Canon (And It Will Ship in October)

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

Ramesh wrote:

Xtrans sensor might adorn 7D mark II.

Yuck, that would kill the camera outright for most. XTrans artefacts are horrible and impossible to remove - just like all previous Fuji camera sensors (SR and HR sensors) the XTrans is a dead end...

You're completely wrong Karl and your post proves you write about things you have absolutely no experience with.

I, like Jerry Astro, have added the Fuji XT1 to my bag along with my Canon equipment and have been doing extensive controlled comparisons with my 7D and Canon should be so fortunate to have the X-Trans sensor in their cameras.  I've never realized how much noise there is in even ISO 100 shots with my 7D until I compared them to the XT1 and the XT1 is at native ISO 200! There are zero artifacts in the Fuji files comparing to the 7D using LR5.5 even at 200% and if I convert the Fuji RAW with Iridient Developer they exhibit more detail and clarity than I can hope to realize from the 7D even after considerable post work.  The Fuji 16 MP APS C X-Trans has noise characteristics close to FF and a FF version of this sensor in a Canon body would be a dream come true.

Please refrain from posting strong opinions about things you obviously have zero experience with.

Bob

-- hide signature --
 rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow