Something Big Is Coming From Canon (And It Will Ship in October)

Started Jun 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Setter Dog Veteran Member • Posts: 5,278
Re: Karl... really?

Jerry-astro wrote:

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

Jonathan Brady wrote:
Hey... Uhhh.. . Karl... Have you priced video cameras that can interchange lenses and achieve the same shallow depth of field a DSLR can?

So the DSLR must be downgraded as a tool to suit the needs of people too cheap to shell out for the proper tools.

Karl, exactly where have you been for the last few years? Do you not realize that the 5DmK3 is regarded as a VERY serious tool for videography and has been used in any number of professional applications? Would you not regard that camera as a serious DSLR?

It's great to have strong opinions, as you do, but you might try maintaining a little perspective about what's happening around you. Adding strong video functions to a camera in no way detracts from its use as a top notch DSLR. It simply expands its utility to a broader audience. For a manufacturer of products in a stable to shrinking market, this can be extremely important for success.

Well, I don't know about "serious" video, but I sure enjoy the ability to take a video clip now and then with my SL1 DSLR. As good as it is, it could be better on the various DSLRs I've used if you could take the video through the OVF/EVF, both of which have some advantages. Yesterday, I missed some good video of a momma Peacock with babies. I simply could not find them in the sun washed LCD. I did get some great stills. For me, this new and magic Canon DSLR (if that's what it's going to be) will hopefully do away with the Live View video requirement. Improvement in the video should not harm the still functions in any way.

Jack

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow