Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

Started Jun 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
VirtualMirage Veteran Member • Posts: 3,922
Re: Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

Allan Olesen wrote:

VirtualMirage wrote:

Unfortunately, despite it having its own on/off setting that can be adjusted even when the flash is set to off, it will only work if the flash is not disabled.

I am not sure exactly what you were trying to do with what equipment. But the focus assist lamp on my Minolta 3600 HS(D) will work when mounted on my a77, even when I have turned the flash off with the on/off button on the rear of the flash.

If you reread the post, I explain with what equipment. I was testing out the built in focus assist on both my A77 and A77II. The quote you took from my post above was referencing the A77II, not the A77.

On the A77, the built in focus assist WILL work even if the flash is turned off. On the A77II, the built in focus assist WILL NOT work if the flash is turned off.

External flashes are a different story and I don't doubt that I can get the focus assist on my HVL-F56AM to work on the A77II without need to the flash to be turned on, it worked on my A77 and A700 without needing the flash. I would double check this, but I don't have a flash adapter yet.

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow